Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Aeryn Lorien


Aeryn was an only child who moved around a lot and found her one constant in martial arts. She came from a loving supporting household and joined Marines as a way to continue training and to fund school. She found herself as a Nurse and a passion for science as well.

Part 1: The Basics


1.What is your full name?
Aeryn Kristin Lorien

2.Where and when were you born?
Austin, Texas

3.Who are/were your parents?  
Valentin Lorien and Norma Lorien(Jackson)

4.Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
Only child

5.Where do you live now, and with whom? 
Currently aboard a Free Trader, no real home in the past ten years besides school dormitories, a medical frigate, or some MMA training camps.

6.What is your occupation?
Fully licensed and Accredited Nurse and Field Biologist 

7.Write a full physical description of yourself.
I am 5'11". 180lbs. I appear somewhat thick and overweight but carry a lot of muscle although I don't worry about cutting the last 10 lbs anymore for the ring. My hair is short and utilitarian, black. I normally dress in old fatigues or a jumpsuit while on duty and comfortably off duty. I have a few scars on my forearms and some shrapnel scars along my ribs and abdomen. 

8. To which social class do you belong?
Lower middle class

9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
I have epilepsy. triggered by certain frequencies of strobe lights and sometimes extreme stress

10. Are you right- or left-handed?
right

11. What does your voice sound like?
It is a bit deep for a girl and when I need to I can quiet a room.

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
  • My father always said,"The only reason to be strong is to help the weak."
  • Roger. 
  • DO your job, and I will do mine. 
  • We all have a purpose, life is finding out what it is. 

13. What do you have in your pockets?
A ring my father gave me upon entering the service. His wedding band, to give to the man I would marry. 

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I tend to talk with my hands, gesturing a bit wildly at times. I can go on and on about things that excite me at times. I have a moderate Southern Texas Accent. 


Part 2: Growing Up


15. How would you describe your childhood in general?

Good. We moved around a lot and I didn't form many lasting friendships. 

16. What is your earliest memory?
My parents and how much they loved me. My father would always growl and chase me. 

17. How much schooling have you had?
Through high school, Military Nursing, Basic Military training, and 6 years of college.

18. Did you enjoy school?
Yes, but more that it was an end to means. I couldn't fight forever in the ring and my father never wanted me to.

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
MMA, from a young age and throughout my military career. My nursing and scientific background in the service and spread out over a JUCO and a university.

20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
My father. He loved us first and worked hard to provide for us. He taught me used is good if not better than new.

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
yes

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be happy. 

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
Jujitsu and anything with my family

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
I was a bit reserved at a young age since we moved so much with anyone but my mom and dad. It's why my father pushed me into jujitsu. There were always gyms wherever we went. It became a constant in my life when nothing else besides my mother and father was stable.

25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
Not popular, I had a few friends mostly through martial arts. 

26. When and with whom was your first kiss? 
I was 16, a bit old compared to most. One day after a late jujitsu practice. I kissed one of the older boys. Jamey Hoight

27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? 
Not till I was about to enter the Marines. I felt like I needed to get it out of the way before I 'grew up'. A sparring partner, Carlos Mancias.


Part 3: Past Influences


29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
The death of my family in the nuclear attacks. I wasn't even angry at the attackers. It was too surreal to process for a long time.

30. Who has had the most influence on you? 
My father. His memory keeps me sane to this day.

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement? 
 For a long time it was being ranked 13th in the sector in my weight class. After working aboard the Hadrian and realizing just how much real help I can do for people by helping, replaced that.

32. What is your greatest regret?
Never acquiring any lifelong friends.

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
Once, early on in my MMA career, I fought an inexperienced fighter. Much bigger than me but didn't belong in the ring. I enjoyed the feeling of dominating someone larger than me and found myself caught up in hurting her. I felt ashamed and almost quit after that fight. It was one of the few times my father said he was disappointed in me.

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind? 
No. I respect the rule of law in most cases.

35. When was the time you were the most frightened?
The days waiting to hear who lived and who had died after the orbital bombardment of Earth.

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
I fell asleep in class after a long night trying to cram in gym time and study time. The teacher made a huge deal of it and I threatened him and was reprimanded by the school. Almost expelled.

37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
I would have either picked MMA or school and not tried to do both. 

38. What is your best memory? 
 When I graduated from school, mom and dad weren't there but they would be proud. I was as well.

39. What is your worst memory? 
Anytime and everytime I had to work on kids. A suffering child is the worst thing in the universe.

Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions


40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
I am realistic.

41. What is your greatest fear?
Ending up never making a difference.

42. What are your religious views?
I am mostly undecided. 

43. What are your political views?
Fiscally moderately conservative. Centrist in most other ways. 

44. What are your views on sex?
If you want to fuck it and it says okay, fuck it.

45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
After being a Marine you find out it's easier to kill. After growing up you realize you have to sometimes. After being a combat medic you realize it's horrible either way.

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? 
 Hurt the smaller, weaker, less fortunate and enjoy it.

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
soulmates? hell no. True Love? As my dad always said, "Being in love is a terrifying experience that takes so much work and commitment. If you can truly do that, then it's true love."

48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
When you can do a little good each day

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
Very honest with my surface thoughts and feelings, a bit more reserved with things close to my heart.

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Not big on lawyers or people who ignore the spirit of the law.

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
I would not murder someone in cold blood. Random violence is never an option. 

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
In the defense of children or the truly helpless. Part 5: Relationships With Others

53. In general, how do you treat others? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
I treat people politely and keep them at a distance. It takes sometime to be open with people. 

54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Right now, myself. I need to get stable in my career and goals.

58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
Yes once right before entering the service. he disagreed with the thought of the military and I didn't.

64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
In all honesty, nobody. 

66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
Argue. but i fight the fights that are worth fighting.

69. Do you care what others think of you?
Not one bit.


Part 6: Likes And Dislikes


70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
I still follow MMA very closely. Quite a few friends are still involved with it.

71. What is your most treasured possession?
My fathers wedding ring. 

72. What is your favorite color?
Red

73. What is your favorite food?
Anything I make myself and barring that peanut butter sandwiches.

74. What, if anything, do you like to read?
cooking books, 20th century terran comics

75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
A good book or any movie that gets you to cry.

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
I don't smoke. I occasionally drink, especially in remembrance of others. I will try a chemical that has no long term side effects.

77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
Looking for work lately. Usually get in some gym time

78. What makes you laugh?
People falling down for sure.

79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
The horrible things we still do to one another.

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
hit the gym

81. How do you deal with stress?
cook and workout

82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
Plans are best but being a Marine taught me sometimes you just pick a route to daylight and keep moving.

Part 7: Self Images And Etc.


85. What is your greatest strength as a person?

I never quit.

86. What is your greatest weakness?
Sometimes I want to.

87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Able to make close relationships easier.

88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
slightly introverted

89. Are you generally organized or messy?
a bit messy

95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?

Happy and old. 

96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
  1. I would invite my coworkers for a lavish meal that I prepared.
  2. Volunteer at the nearest hospital
  3. Find someone who could use all my things.

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
I tried.

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)
Keep going. Everyday. Cry when you need to, even if you don't want to.










No comments:

Post a Comment